In 2021, Apple introduced a powerful update to its Do Not Disturb feature, giving birth to the all-new Focus mode. This revamped feature offers a highly personalized approach to managing notifications, allowing users to tailor their iOS and iPadOS Home Screen to complement their current Focus mode. What’s even better? This feature seamlessly spans across all your Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch. If you’ve found Focus to be a game-changer, we’re here to guide you on how to sync it effortlessly across all your Apple gadgets.
Devices Supporting the Focus Feature:
Before we dive in, let’s make sure your devices are up to date. Here are the minimum software versions required:
- iPhone: iOS 15 or newer
- iPad: iPadOS 15 or newer
- Apple Watch: watchOS 8 or newer
- Mac: macOS Monterey 12 or newer
If your device is running on an older software version, don’t fret! You can still access the trusty Do Not Disturb feature through your Settings application.
Syncing Focus on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch:
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
- Locate and select the “Focus” option.
- Enable the “Share Across Devices” toggle within the designated section.
Syncing Focus on Your Mac:
Syncing Focus on your Mac is a breeze. Just follow these simple steps:
- Click on the Apple menu in the menu bar.
- Select “System Preferences” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the “Focus” option.
- Enable the “Share across devices” toggle.
While Focus filters, which control what information is displayed from an app, are not synchronized across devices, they work seamlessly on the device you’re currently using.
With the Focus feature, Apple has given users a powerful tool to take control of their notifications. By syncing it across all your devices, you can create a seamless, distraction-free environment tailored to your needs. Whether you’re on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac, Focus has got you covered. So go ahead, set your Focus, and conquer your day!