Android’s priority conversations feature ensures important messages are never overlooked. This functionality, introduced in Android 11, elevates notifications from messaging apps to the top of the notification shade, even in Do Not Disturb mode. Here’s how to set it up on Android 13.
Method 1: From the Notification Panel
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to open the notification shade.
- Long-press the message you want to prioritize.
- Among the options, select “Priority.”
- Tap “Apply” in the lower right corner to confirm.
Method 2: Using the Settings App
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Go to Notifications (or Apps & Notifications > Notifications > Advanced on some devices).
- Select “Conversations.”
- Scroll down to “Recent Conversations” and choose the conversation to prioritize.
- Toggle on “Priority” below the Show notifications option.
Identifying Priority Conversations:
- Profile icon (instead of app icon) on status bar and lock screen.
- App icon enclosed by an orange circle in notification shade and lock screen.
Handling Messages with Bubbles:
- Enable Bubbles to receive messages in small pop-up bubbles while using other apps.
Setting up priority conversations on Android ensures crucial messages are promptly attended to. Use this feature to streamline your notifications and never miss an important message again