In today’s digital age, Prime Video stands out as a top choice for families seeking a vast collection of movies, TV shows, and original content. However, for parents, ensuring their children access age-appropriate content is crucial. Amazon Prime Video addresses this concern by offering robust parental control features. This article will guide you through the steps of setting up these controls, providing a safe and suitable streaming experience for your kids.
What Can You Do with Prime Video’s Parental Control Option?
- Age Restrictions: You can set limits to ensure only content suitable for a specific age group is accessible. For instance, you can block content meant for adults, like R-rated movies or mature TV shows.
- PIN Protection: Establish a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that’s needed to access content beyond the specified age limits. This prevents unauthorized access to restricted content.
- Content Categories: Parental Control settings may let you block specific content categories, such as violence, strong language, or explicit material.
- Title Specific Blocking: You also have the option to block access to specific movies or TV shows individually, regardless of their ratings or categories.
- Watch History and Recommendations: Parental Control settings might help in preventing certain content from influencing the child’s watch history or recommendations.
Steps to Set Parental Controls on Prime Video:
- Click on your profile icon in your browser.
- Go to the “Account & Settings” section.
- Choose “Restrictions” from the menu options.
- Enter your desired Prime Video Account PIN in the provided field.
- Proceed to the “Viewing Restrictions” section and select the appropriate age restriction.
- You can also choose to apply these restrictions to specific devices. In the “Apply Viewing Restrictions To” section, all connected devices to your Prime Video account will be checked by default. Uncheck any device where you don’t want the restrictions to apply. For example, if you want to apply these restrictions only to your smart TV linked to Prime Video and not to the Prime Video app on your smartphone or desktop, leave the Smart TV option checked.
Amazon Prime Video’s parental control features empower parents to manage and monitor their children’s viewing experience. By following these simple steps, you can create a safe and enjoyable environment for your kids to explore the world of digital content.