Meta’s new social media platform, Threads, has piqued interest among users looking for a text-based alternative to Instagram. If you want to ensure the privacy of your account, follow these simple steps.
Making Your Threads Account Private
During the initial setup of your Threads account, you’ll have the chance to customize your privacy settings. By default, your Threads account is set to private. However, if you’ve already set up a public profile, here’s how to switch to private:
- Open the Threads App: Find the Threads app icon on your home screen or app drawer and tap it to open the app.
- Access Your Profile: In the bottom right corner of the screen, you’ll see a small profile icon, usually represented by a silhouette or a head and shoulders image. Tap on this icon.
- Edit Your Profile: Once you’re on the Profile page, look for the “Edit Profile” button and tap it.
- Activate Private Profile: In the edit profile menu, you’ll find the “Private Profile” button. This is typically a switch or toggle button. Slide it to the “On” position to activate the private profile feature. Your Threads account is now private. If you ever want to make it public again, simply follow these steps and toggle the Private Profile button off.
- Save Your Settings: Tap “Done” in the upper right corner to save your new privacy settings.
What Happens When Your Threads Account is Private?
- Only your followers on Threads can see your profile and profile information.
- All posts will be visible only to your followers.
- No one can share links to your Threads or post your Threads to their Instagram story.
- Only followers can repost and quote your posts.
By following these steps, you can enjoy a private and secure experience on Threads. Keep in mind that your privacy is important, and it’s always a good idea to review and adjust your settings as needed.