Keeping track of your driving license’s expiry date is crucial to ensure your ability to legally drive in Kenya without any hassles. Driving with an expired license can result in fines, penalties, and even legal consequences. Fortunately, the process of checking your driving license expiry date in Kenya has become more convenient with technological advancements. In this article, we will guide you through the various methods you can use to easily check your driving license expiry date.
Method 1: Check Driving License Expiry Date via SMS
- Compose a new message.
- The details of the new message should Start with DL followed by your national ID for example DL 1234687444.
- Send the text message to 22846.
- You will receive an SMS showing either DL Valid or DL Expired.
Method 2: Check Driving License Expiry Date using the NTSA app
- Go to Playstore then download and install the NTSA app on your device.
- Now tap on the View Application Status option.
- On the next menu, select Verify License
- Then key in your ID Number.
- Wait for a few seconds, your driving license permit status will appear on the screen. It will show either VALID or EXPIRED.
In accordance with the stipulations outlined in Section 30(1) and (7) of the Kenyan constitution, the act of operating a vehicle lacking the necessary valid driving license endorsement pertinent to its vehicle class is subject to a monetary penalty amounting to Kshs 7,000.
As stated in the provisions of Section 30(4) and 4, the consequences of neglecting to renew a driving license involve a financial consequence of Kshs 1,000 in the event of being apprehended. Recognizing that the expense of renewing this essential credential is notably lower than the aforementioned penalty, and moreover, can be conveniently accomplished through online means from the convenience of your residence or workplace, it is prudent to remain informed about your status and ensure the continuous validity of your license.