The appearance of our computer desktop plays a crucial role in how efficiently and comfortably we work. Both Windows 11 and Windows 10 offer a variety of customization options to tailor the desktop to our liking. One such customization is adjusting the spacing between icons, allowing us to organize our desktop in a way that suits our preferences. In this article, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to change desktop icon spacing on both Windows 11 and Windows 10.
- Right-click on an empty area of your desktop. A menu will pop up with different options.
- Select “Personalize” from the menu to open the Settings app.
- In the Settings app, find and click on “Themes” in the menu on the left.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Themes page and click on “Advanced settings.”
- A new window called “Advanced Appearance Settings” will appear. Here, you can adjust the spacing between icons by changing the values for “Icon Spacing (Horizontal)” and “Icon Spacing (Vertical).”
- To change the spacing, you can either use the arrow buttons or type in a specific value. Increasing the value will increase the space between icons, while decreasing it will bring the icons closer together.
- Once you’ve made the desired adjustments, save your settings by clicking “Apply” and then “OK” to close the window.
- To see the changes, simply refresh your desktop. Right-click on the desktop and select “Refresh” from the menu.
Customizing the desktop icon spacing in Windows 11 and Windows 10 is a straightforward process that allows you to create a workspace that suits your unique preferences. By following these easy steps, you can optimize your desktop layout for improved productivity and a more enjoyable user experience. Try it out and see how it enhances your computer usage!