Automatic payments on PayPal are a handy way to manage recurring expenses, subscriptions, and memberships. However, there may come a time when you need to cancel these payments. Whether it’s to end a subscription, halt a service, or take control of your finances, knowing how to cancel automatic payments on PayPal is crucial. In this easy-to-follow guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to effectively terminate automatic payments on your PayPal account.
Using a Computer or Mobile Browser:
- Go to PayPal.com and click on “Login” at the top of the page.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Once logged in, click on the gear icon next to “Log Out” in the upper right corner for account settings.
- Select “Payments” from the available options.
- In the “Payments” section, choose “Manage Automatic Payments.”
- Find the subscription you wish to cancel on the left side of the page.
- Click on “Cancel” at the top of the subscription information.
- To confirm the cancellation, select “Cancel Automatic Payments.”
On the PayPal App:
- Launch the PayPal app on your phone.
- Tap the gear icon at the top to access your settings.
- Choose “Automatic Payments” from the options.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel from the list.
- At the bottom, tap “Remove PayPal as your payment method.” Alternatively, you can use the provided contact methods to reach out to the subscription provider.
- Confirm the cancellation by selecting “Remove.”
Follow the same procedure for every automatic billing you’d like to cancel. The only way to confirm the cancellation is by receiving a confirmation email from PayPal. Double-check your account to ensure the payment is no longer listed as an active pre-approved payment.
Remember, being in control of your automatic payments gives you the power to manage your expenses effectively. By following these simple steps, you can easily cancel automatic payments on your PayPal account.