Are you having trouble locating your computer on a network with multiple devices? Don’t worry! There’s a simple solution to this common problem – finding your PC’s name and matching it with the network. In Windows 10, you can use a couple of easy methods to view your computer’s name effortlessly. This will help you quickly locate your machine on the network and make your daily tasks smoother.
Method 1: Using the Search Box
The search box in Windows is a handy tool to find not only your computer’s name but also other resources. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click on the search box in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Type “PC name” in the search bar.
- Among the search results, look for an option labeled “View Your PC Name” and select it.
- You will see your computer’s name listed next to “Device Name”.
Method 2: Using File Explorer
Another way to discover your computer’s name is by using Windows File Explorer:
- Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows key + E.
- In the left sidebar, right-click on “This PC”.
- From the menu that appears, select “Properties”.
- An “About” page will open, displaying relevant information about your computer. Look for the section labeled “Device Name” – your PC’s name will be shown there.
these are two effective methods for finding your computer’s name on a network in Windows 10. The search bar provides a quick way to locate your PC’s name, while File Explorer offers an alternative approach. By using these methods, you can easily identify your computer among multiple machines on a network, making navigation and resource sharing efficient.