Does Safeway accept Samsung Pay? Can you use Samsung Pay to make payments for your grocery orders? If you are a Safeway customer and you’d like to make contactless payments using Samsung Pay, this article provides insight on whether it is possible and how you can make use of it.
Does Safeway accept Samsung Pay?
Safeway accepts Samsung Pay. The use of Samsung Pay was recently introduced by Safeway and customers looking to make payments fast and easy payments when they shop at Safeway can use Samsung Pay to do so. Together with Samsung Pay, Safeway also lets its customers pay for orders through Apple Pay, Google Pay, and other card issuers.
It is easy to see why many people today want to use Samsung Pay to make payments for their orders at stores nationwide. If you have a Samsung Pay account, you can use it to pay for the things you buy at Safeway. I am going to show you how to pay at Safeway with Samsung Pay.
How to Pay with Samsung Pay at Safeway
If you want to use Samsung Pay to make payments for your groceries at Safeway, the following steps will guide you:
- When you are done with your shopping, head to the cashier and have the payment reader prepared for you
- The cashier will prepare the payment reader
- Wake your phone, unlock it, and launch the Samsung Pay app
- In the Samsung Pay app, tap Pay
- Next, you will see the card(s) you have added to your Samsung Pay account
- Swipe until you find the card you’d like to use to make the payment
- Tap the card and tap Pay
- Place your phone over the payment reader and the payment will be processed
You can also use your Galaxy Watch to pay at Safeway. Here’s how to go about it:
- Once the payment reader is prepared, wake your Galaxy Watch
- Next, press and hold the Back button on your watch
- This will launch Samsung Pay
- Swipe left or use the bezel to select a card when the Samsung Pay app loads
- Place the watch an inch or less above the contactless payment reader and your payment will be processed in seconds
Samsung Pay offers a convenient way to make payments. If for any reason you are not able to use Samsung Pay at Safeway, there are a couple of other payment methods you can use and I have listed them in the next section.
What Forms of Payment Does Safeway Accept?
The following are payment methods accepted at Safeway:
- Debit/Credit cards from VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and other bank-issued cards
- Samsung Pay
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay
- SNAP/EBT Cards
Should I Use Samsung Pay at Safeway?
If you have set up your Samsung Pay account, you can use it to make payments at Safeway. Samsung Pay is an easy and convenient payment method and it is one of the contactless payment methods accepted at Safeway. Other contactless payment methods you can use at Safeway instead of Samsung Pay include Apple Pay and Google Pay.
What Grocery Stores Accept Samsung Pay?
Aside from Safeway, there are several grocery stores that accept Samsung Pay. If you want to be able to use Samsung Pay to make payments for groceries at stores in the United States, the following are grocery stores you should try:
- Food Lion
- Fred Meyer
- King Soopers
- Stop & Shop
- Whole Foods
Before you go…
Samsung Pay is growing in popularity because of how it eliminates the need to carry many debit or credit cards in one’s wallet. Instead of that, you can simply add all your cards to the Samsung Pay account and use it to make payments wherever Samsung Pay is accepted. If you do not know how to set up a Saung Pay, add cards, and make payments, I have written a simple guide to provide direction in the article below: